Probation and Parole Violations

York County Lawyers Handling Probation Violations

When it comes to violations of probation and parole, an innocent mistake can have serious consequences that could land you in jail.

At Marshall & Smith, PC, our criminal defense attorneys average more than 45 years experience each, representing people in all types of criminal offenses. We'd like to help you, too.

If you are accused of violating the conditions of your probation or parole agreement, please contact our parole violations attorneys in York, Pennsylvania today.

We will vigorously represent your best interests in all types of parole or probation violation issues, including instances in which:

You did not contact a probation officer as scheduled;
You moved and did not report your change of residence to your parole officer;
You committed a new crime and are being held in jail on detainer; or
You are scheduled for an administrative hearing regarding your violation.

Legal Defense Following an Alleged Probation or Parole Violation:

If your probation officer believes that you have violated the terms and conditions of your probation, he or she can take you into custody immediately and place you in York County prison. However, within a short period of time, you are entitled to a Gagnon hearing, where the court will determine whether you must remain in prison or should be released, pending a more thorough hearing.

Regardless of the outcome from the initial hearing, you will go before the court again to determine whether you actually violated the terms of probation. This time, if you are found guilty the judge will decide whether to re-sentence you for the original crime for which you received probation.

At either of these hearings, our goal will be to keep you out of jail and resolve any issues related to the violation. We will listen carefully to your concerns and give you our best legal advice for how to avoid future legal entanglements.

For representation you can rely on, please contact our parole violations attorneys in York County, PA today.